Give Your Heating System its Annual Physical
Did you go to the doctor for your annual physical yet this year? If not, you should! Have you given your heating system its annual physical? Again… if not, you should! The same way neglecting your health can be costly, neglecting the well-being of your heating system can be too. Before another frigid winter descends upon us, make sure your home will stay nice and warm throughout the season with an annual tune-up.
One of our factory-trained technicians will carefully evaluate your entire system to check for signs of damage and to make sure it’s operating at peak efficiency. We will:
- Clean, inspect and adjust the ignition system, burner controls, motor and combustion chamber.
- Lubricate the blower motor, fan bearing, circulator motor and, if necessary, the bearing assembly.
- Clean the boiler and/or furnace, flue pipe and, if required, the chimney base.
- Check the burner and its controls for proper operation and efficiency
Besides staying warm all winter long, there are a number of good reasons to schedule an annual tune-up:
- Because preventive maintenance detects problems in the early stages before they cause a system malfunction, you won’t have to pile on the blankets in a no-heat emergency.
- Your energy bills will go down because your equipment will run more efficiently.
- Your future costs will also go down because preventive maintenance increases the equipment’s lifespan.