Save More This Year with these Winter Conservation Tips!
Happy New Year!
Is one of your goals this year to save more money? While prices are going up for everything, cutting down on your heating costs is a great place to start.
At Southside Fuel, we strive to provide you comfort with competitive pricing, since we understand the costs that come with keeping your home comfortable. Here are five winter conservation tips to help you start the year off right:
1. Check for gaps: Gaps in your home’s insulation, windows, and doors can allow for heat to escape and cold drafts to come in. Make sure those gaps are sealed so your heating system can efficiently heat your home, saving you money on your energy bill.
2. Check your heating system: It’s important that your heating unit is functioning properly to improve energy efficiency. If you notice anything off with your unit, feel free to give us a call – our experts are here to help you!
3. Let the light in: Keeping your curtains, shades, and blinds open on sunny winter days can allow sunlight to naturally heat your home. This will reduce your energy bill by giving your heating system a break.
4. Switch your ceiling fan’s blade rotation: If you have ceiling fans, switch them to rotate in a clockwise direction. Doing so will create an updraft, allowing warm air to circulate.
5. Turn down the heat: While you’re away from home or sleeping, turn down your thermostat. This can save you up to 15% on energy costs, and the money saved can go towards another one of your goals.
Whatever your goals are for this year, Southside wants to be a part of them by maintaining all your home heating needs for a competitive price. For more conservation tips, you can call us at (804) 231-5798.